[6/9/04] Quackshot

Game: Quackshot Featuring Donald Duck

Platform: Genesis

Genre: Platform

I Figured I'll do one from my favorite Console

quack.jpg

StoryLine

Quackshot Features Donald Duck (:lol:) on an adventure. Donald finds a book in Uncle Scrooge's Home. He reads about the lost and great treasure of King Garuzia. He finds a map and enlists Huey, Dewey, and Louie to help him find the treasure of King Garuzia. Before he leaves, Donald promises Daisy Duck To bring her a present when he returns. However, Pete and his gang find out about Donald's treasure hunt and rush off to find it before he does.

quack1.jpg

Ok First Of All, I didn't know Huey, Dewey, and Louie could fly an airplane. I didn't even know Donald HAD an airplane. But I played this game when I was young and I just played it recently so I have a clear view on it still.

The map you see above is the map that Donald Finds. Unfortunately, it is a fake map and the real map can be found somewhere else. You can pick different cities/places to go to so Donald can pick up useful items and weapons.

I guess I should talk about the weapons now. Donald can only use 3 weapons. Kind of cheap to find a lost treasure huh? His three weapons include a toilet plunger gun, a corn shooter, and a explosive bubble shooter. Sounds really corny but it is a Disney game and the weapons do work against monsters and Pete's gang so hey. The corn uses 5 shots per ammo and spreads out and is probably the strongest weapon in the game. The bubble shooter can destroy some rocks and ice making it useful. There are 3 kinds of toilet plungers: yellow, red, and green. As you upgrade the toilet plungers, you are able to stick the plugners on walls to jump on them which you will use often.

quack2.jpg

Probably one of the more amusing parts of the game is Donald's temper. When Donald collects 5 chili peppers, his temper flares and he becomes immune to attacks (Except falling to the void below). The only problem is he runs really fast in one direction and he can't stop so it's really stupid that he can't jump over 3 crates because he jumps low in that mode. Its still a fun thingie to use though :)

Levels takes Donald Duck and his nephews to a lot of places. From duckberg to translyvannia to A Viking ship. Theres a lot of places you can go to.

Logic is needed for this game. Theres no way Disney made this game for littler kids. Even when I was young, it took me a good few hours to beat it. You hafta keep traveling between places and use Plunger jumping efficiently. Then, there are puzzles in the game that are kinda annoying to play through, but its still pretty easy now. :)

quack3.jpg

So whats the point of the game? Get the treasure indicated in the picture above. The ending is kinda predictable since it is disney. But the last boss is annoying if you don't know what you are doing at all :P. Otherwise, it was a good game considering it was from Disney :)

Gameplay: 9.5

Sound: 9

Graphics: 9

Speed: 8.5

Overall Grade: A- (9)

I give this a :lol: