[11/17/03] PS2 DVD Remote

This is actually a great remote. It has every single feature all on the remote the design matches the design of the PS2 its wireless (duh) and it comes with a DVD player upgrade CD that gives you a bunch of extra features. It comes with a big thick manual, the remote, and infrared receiver (IR receiver), and some batteries. First you open it and you put in the CD to install all of your shiny new features. Well thats were a very minor problem comes in. You need a memory card to install these features so if you just bought your PS2 and don't own a memory card yet you will need one to get the extra features but I did notice some of the features still work if you just use the remote without installing it none of the really special ones work but all the basics work. Also you need about 2MB of your memory card to install this! Thats a lot of your memory card! Its ¼ of it! I still think its worth it and actually and PS2 memory cards are huge so you don't really need to worry about this that much. Anyway after that you go to plug in your IR receiver when you notice it looks extremely ugly in your PS2. It is big bulky and doesnt look like it should be in there at all but it works great and under the right light it has sort of a red tint to it. Anyway thats still minor because hey it still works right? And your going to be looking at the screen not the PS2 so who really cares? The IR receiver also needs no batteries, which is cool. Now you go to install your batteries in the remote no problems there. Now you are ready to use your remote! Everything works great and without flaws! I ALWAYS use my remote its packed with features and it works perfectly. There is only one problem. While using the remote you may notice that a lot of the buttons are too small! Yeah, a lot of them are too small! But you will probably get used to it because I did. The only feature I would have wanted on it was a power button and an eject button but oh well I love my DVD remote! This remote while having its flaws is by far the BEST DVD remote available for the PS2 and I STRONGLY recommend you buy it. For only 20 bucks it's definitely worth it. This remote actually makes most other remotes seem really bad in fact there is only 1 or 2 other DVD remotes for PS2 that I would recommend but this one is definitely on the top of the list. I give this DVD remote a 9/10 because it is a great remote that works perfect but still has some minor flaws.

• 8 months later...

I have it and love mine, but i hear there latest model of ps2 in japan has one that actually turns of your system or puts it too sleep! now i wish my remote could do that!!!

what's with the evil bump?? stop talking about it u just wanna increase ur post by saying evil bump

what's with the evil bump?? stop talking about it u just wanna increase ur post by saying evil bump

I talk about it because it's needed. Just ask Mr. G or K`dash.

I'll stop as soon as people stop playing Doctor Frankenstein.

Edited by Agozer

This evil bump u 2 speak of does it mean some 1 bring back an old Topic but say something useless??

This evil bump u 2 speak of does it mean some 1 bring back an old Topic but say something useless??

It means that someone is playing Dr. Frakenstein again and resurrecting long-dead topics.