[11/11/03] Bubble Bobble

Old Fav. Game Reviewed ;)

Game: Bubble Bobble

Systems: Arcade, Nes, PC

Genre: Platform

------------------------------

Bubble Bobble takes place in a mystical place with monsters and mystical creatures. Apparently, You are Bub and Bob, two boys who have been turned into monsters. A creature named Grumple Grommit stole your girlfriends, and you are vieing to get them back.

bubl0000.png

Bubble Bobble is a game that seemed to be aimed at little kids. It teaches a lot about basic kindergarten things mostly about friendship and teamwork. However, as cheesy as it seems, you acutally have to use teamwork and strategy if you want to win.

How many levels are there you ask? There are 100 levels. Each one unique than the other containing different items that either include bonus games, skipping levels, helpers, or mainly just points.

Whats the main point of the game you ask? The main point of the game is to save your girlfriend. However, there are many monsters in your way. To kill them, you must blow a bubble to capture them and then pop them. Afterwards, they suddenly magically turn into fruit! Yes! Into fruit!

bubl0001.png

The Graphics are well made for the olden days. The music does get a little annoying after hearing it over and over again. Even though it may seem for little kids, some of the levels will be frustrating for todays gamers.

Speed - 10 (If you dont move fast enough, this monsta guy comes after you!)

Gameplay - 10 (Very fun, Many items liven up the game)

Graphics - 8 (Some items could have been drawn a bit better)

Sound - 8 (The music DOES get annoying after hearing it loop over and over again)

Overall Score - 9 (A)

Overall, I give this game a :D

• 3 months later...

Sadly, prolly one of the most overlooked and under-rated games of all time. This is an amazing game that still plays incredibly to this day. I like how there was a GBA version of the original arcade and a new version (is called Bubble Bobble Oldn & New) but it only came out in Europe and Japan... I shake my head in shame whenever I bring up classic games and people say "what is Bubble Bobble?" when i mention it. Still one of my all time faves myself.

Edited by DoubleDragon