video encoding help

Xeon

hi all,

i downloaded Last Bronx for PC a while ago, obviously Abandonware rips tend to have certain parts of the game removed (the ending and intro cutscenes in this case) and this one is no exception.

i remembered my friend actually having the Saturn version. being a cheapskate that i am (other than the fact that i cant find it physically anywhere), i decided to try and see if the endings in the Saturn version can be played on the PC (since the game uses AVI and the Saturn version also uses AVI as well, but uses a different codec)

luckily, i found a player for these kind of movies that can even convert it to normal AVI movies that the game requires. the only trouble i have is choosing between the compressors i could use. im opting for the widely used one so the movies will play on every PCs that i may install this game to. here are the compressors listed:

Cinepak Codec By Radius

Intel Indeo ® Video R3.2

Microsoft Video 1

Microsoft RLE

Intel Indeo 5.04

so yeah, bottom line, which one of the codecs there is the widely used one? also which one would give the best visual results (so i may balance out my choice). thanks in advance and pardon the long story :angry:.

Cinepak is that hot anymore. If you want to use those AVIs in Last Bronx, you'd have to find out the original codec used in the original videos (unless those were uncompressed in the first place).

Edited by Agozer