Matroska Video File/Audio File

I have a matroska file and i would like to rip the audio from the file.

when i play this file it plays with french audio; but when i play the file with media player classic it gives me the option to select audio 1 or 2. audio 2 is the english file. what program can i use to rip the audio that i need. thanx in advance

Martroska rules!!

Anyway.. u need the mkvtoolnix pack and in it u need to use the mkvextract.exe to rip the audio u want.

Also make sure u have all the codecs for.mkv by visiting the matroska.sourceforge.net site and d/l the codec pack from there.

Alternatively u can use virtualdub(mod) to extract the audio if u have experience with that. Personally i prefer vdub :P

Good question :P

Depends on what u deem to be 'wrong' with the telesync. Again I would recommend VirtualDub as a remedy. Combine vdub with a filter or two and u should be able to get a reasonable improvement.

I got most of my filters from here

As far as more extensive help goes try forums.digital-digest.com which has a lot of good advice, www.afterdawn.com, doom9.org or www.videohelp.com for various guides which may help.

My personal fave is here which has good guidance on most common problems, and some vdub filter help too.