LCD Monitor Help

Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop and the LCD screen was working perfectly until a few days ago. A vertical red line that's about one inch high appeared at the bottom of the screen. I don't know why it appeared. It was perfect one day, and then the next day, the red line appeared. I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem. So if someone is able to tell me what the problem is and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

First off, check your connectors. And which one are you on? Analogue (Blue, sometimes orange colored connector) or DVI (white colored, bigger then analogue).

If not, then it's a problem with the screen it self and hope that it is still under warrenty(it's a dell, I expect it to be still).

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop. I assume that the connectors you are talking about are with desktops. Unfortunately, I'm not under warranty anymore. That's why I turned to 1emulation.com to see if anyone knows what the problem is.

Ah, well. The problem is with the screen, something like this useally happens when the warrenty of the item expires. I don't know the cause, but the I don't know what to do exactly. I suggest taking it to a technication.

The connections to that row of the LCD may be damaged - there is no easy way to fix this yourself if you do not want to open it up. I would suggest you return it to Dell and see about getting it replaced.

roofus