Need To Get Rid Of Spyware

you could always use Opera.  Its a internet browser much more secure than IE.  Its got mouse gestures, that once you start using them, you can't switch to a browser that doesn't have them.  The only thing is, if you don't wanna pay for it, you have an ad on your screen all the time, but its still much better than IE.  Tabbed browsing is great too.  check out www.opera.com

Nah, Firefox has all that and more. AND it's completely free with no strings attached AND it's 100% open source. Plus you can choose to only install the plug-ins you WANT to install - so far I have mouse gestures, a drop-down search bar which searches about 20 different databases (everything from google to dictionary.com), and an embedded notetaking program, plus more. Did I mention that the gui is fully customisable? Plus you can have bookmarks on your gui? I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could always use Opera.  Its a internet browser much more secure than IE.  Its got mouse gestures, that once you start using them, you can't switch to a browser that doesn't have them.  The only thing is, if you don't wanna pay for it, you have an ad on your screen all the time, but its still much better than IE.  Tabbed browsing is great too.  check out www.opera.com

Nah, Firefox has all that and more. AND it's completely free with no strings attached AND it's 100% open source. Plus you can choose to only install the plug-ins you WANT to install - so far I have mouse gestures, a drop-down search bar which searches about 20 different databases (everything from google to dictionary.com), and an embedded notetaking program, plus more. Did I mention that the gui is fully customisable? Plus you can have bookmarks on your gui? I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Hey random, what are the names of the extentions you are using? What is that drop down search thing? I have a search bar with a few things on it (Google, Freedictionary, Wikipedia, Urbandictionary, astalavista, and IMDb), is that what you mean?

And I can't download any themes yet for Firefox 0.9, I want some damn themes.

Hey random, what are the names of the extentions you are using? What is that drop down search thing? I have a search bar with a few things on it (Google, Freedictionary, Wikipedia, Urbandictionary, astalavista, and IMDb), is that what you mean?

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Also, that note-taking program I have is called quicknote. It's very good because you can just select some text, then right click on it and press 'send to quicknote' and the text will copy across with the URL at the bottom for later reference. Plus you can either have it as a tab or as a separate window. The other one I mentioned's just called 'mouse gestures'

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Also, that note-taking program I have is called quicknote. It's very good because you can just select some text, then right click on it and press 'send to quicknote' and the text will copy across with the URL at the bottom for later reference. Plus you can either have it as a tab or as a separate window. The other one I mentioned's just called 'mouse gestures'

Alright cool! I don't use Mouse Gestures but I guess I can give it a try again. I fidget alot with my mouse so that's a problem.

Alright cool! I don't use Mouse Gestures but I guess I can give it a try again. I fidget alot with my mouse so that's a problem.

Not really, unless you often hold down the middle or the right mouse-button and move the mouse around alot