Neo Geo On Pc

I having trouble hacking the codes. Do anyone have any suggestion on how the cheats work? The neo geo emulator I have is called "Neo Rage X" or "NeoRAGExp v0.8b.exe".........

Get yourself the Universe BIOS from -Link removed. Read board rules.- it has a built-in cheat database for most of the games (not all though) + many other cool features.

If you want to make your own cheat codes for Neo-Geo games, you'll have to use Kiwi_slt's Neo-Geo Genie BIOS, which can be found from -Link removed. Read board rules.- (If you want my opinion, I really wouldn't use that since the Universe BIOS has everything you need.)

Edited by Agozer

Universe Bios Rockz.... it's a shame it doesn't work with NRX EGCG :D

Yes, a damn shame since v1.3 has cheat entries for SVC, SSV, KOF2003 and MS5.

However, v1.3 would work with the KOF2003 hack, if you replaced the S1 rom. Sadly, the new S1 gives more errors to the game itself, graphicswise.

Edited by Agozer

What types of system emulator do I need for the bio to work?

I read a little, but I don't know how it work, what should I have included, etc? I need specific detail......

Edited by johnnylee_hang

The Neo-Geo BIOS contains 4 files:

neo-geo.rom (the main BIOS)

ng-lo.rom

ng-sfix.rom

ng-sm1.rom

If you are using NeoRAGEx, you can put these 4 files into the directory where the Neoragex executable resides, or you can make sure that they are in a Zip file called "neogeo.zip" and put that Zip file to your rom directory.

If you decide to get the Universe BIOS, you'll notice tht it's named "uni-bios.rom".

You have to rename it to neo-geo.rom and replace the original with it.

• 1 month later...
I see the screen and it ask me about the region and stuff......when I enter "EXIT"........ I can't access my menu......why?

The first thing Uni-BIOS ask you to do is to set the region and the machine type. As you exit the BIOS the game runs. To get to the in-game menu with the cheats and stuff, press to Coin and Start buttons simultaneously. If you want to get back to the Uni-BIOS menu, reset the game and hold A+B+C. If you want to go to the Test Menu, hold B+C+D.

If forgive you the topic bump, since you needed help. :blink:

Edited by Agozer