Are there any KOF2003 NRX fixes out?

I downloaded the NRX version of KOF2003 from Neogamez problem is like all recent Neo-Geo ROM releases is that it has odd gliches/bugs here and there. Here's the ones i noticed:

-The KOF2004 Hero thing. Yes i know that there are hacks of games out there (SVC Plus) but is this the only version of KOF2003 for NRX or is the original ROM also out there for NRX cuz the HERO kills the intro for me and also causes gfx glitches in the demo.

-Many missing sounds/speech/wonky sounding music - I know that this will require a M1 fix. I dont know if the bad sounding music is cuz of a lack of an M1 fix or if its a result of design.

-Practice mode glitch- you cant pick any other characters except for the same one youre using. This goes for single practice. In team practice the game gets stuck because of this.

-Console mode menu- Is the menu really supposed to look this simple? If it does then that sucks and is a sure sign of laziness....

Thats all i noticed from the little time ive spent with the ROM. So let me ask again, is there an original KOF2003 ROM for NRX and are there any fixes for KOF2003 NRX and if so can i get links to them? Thanks :P *disappears*

Edited by Dynamo

Your ROM seems to be very glitched indeed....The only problem I had was the missing sounds/speech, but a new M1 fixed that.

And I didn't have any HERO's or whatever stuck on my KOF2003. One more problem is the SELECT button not working, but that's NRX's fault.

And yes, the Console Mode Menu is supposed to look that simple.

Edited by Agozer

I got my KOF2003 rom from the official thread and ForceX was kind enough to give me the M1.

It shouldn't be too hard to find the rom on FileMirrors.Com.

Edited by Agozer

Well instead of downloading another ROM i downloaded a pack from neogamez which contained the P1,S1,and M1 necessary to run KOF2003 in NRX so all remnants of the HERO hack have been removed since i changed the P1 & S1. I also noticed that my ROM is numbered in the MAME/Kawaks scheme (271_p1.rom instead of kof2003_p1.rom,is this why theres a special NRX version required,cuz the ROM is encrypted? Is anyone elses KOF2003 ROM like this?)but the M1 that came in the pack is the same one that came with my ROM which means i still have sound problems. I havent followed up on the other problems yet but ill post tomorrow after spending some time with the game. But so far i know that i need a M1 fix....

Edited by Dynamo

It isn't encrypted, because the KOF2003 rom is a bootleg. NeoRAGEx has never supported encrypted romsets, hacked or otherwise. The naming doesn't play any role in NeoRAGEx, apart from the fact that the files have to be in format xxxxxx_xx.rom and the romset archive name can be anything you like, i.e. kof2003.zip can be renamed to King of Fighters 2003.zip and it still works.

Edited by Agozer

Well instead of downloading another ROM i downloaded a pack from neogamez which contained the P1,S1,and M1 necessary to run KOF2003 in NRX so all remnants of the HERO hack have been removed since i changed the P1 & S1. I also noticed that my ROM is numbered in the MAME/Kawaks scheme (271_p1.rom instead of kof2003_p1.rom,is this why theres a special NRX version required,cuz the ROM is encrypted? Is anyone elses KOF2003 ROM like this?)but the M1 that came in the pack is the same one that came with my ROM which means i still have sound problems. I havent followed up on the other problems yet but ill post tomorrow after spending some time with the game. But so far i know that i need a M1 fix....

The p rom still has some protection once all that is removed it should work on any emulator. encrypted roms never work in NRX