hey, anybody go back to play World Heroes Perfect, and notice how solid it is (engine, balance sorta, move lists), especially compared to its predecessors?? It's almost competitive!!

And the characters have always had a charm... and the ideas and implementation of them were kinda groundbreaking for their time (all of em)!

a "perfect" world heroes would've had death matches, though..

oh yeah, how ya doin - this is my first post, so if anyone has newbie advice besides trying to raise unpopular games from the dead, BeMyGuest :P

heh... you're probably forgetting a lot of crappy fighting series that make world heroes look like garou:motw in comparison, but why all the hate? is it because it doesn't take itself so seriously?

remember, at that time, fighting games were not even close to being so combo-heavy/rushdown/kara throw, so because the fighters were goofy and tongue-in-cheek it's crap?

the fighting engine in part 1 & 2 are completely broken but 2 had good ideas, Jet tightened things a bit but wasn't out of the woods yet and plus was almost as unbalanced as MvC2, but WHP is flush and tight, if you don't mind a fighter that relies more on strategy and zoning than all of what we've been spoiled with since... it still holds up and is responsive and reasonably thought-out.

what happened to ADK anyway, were they just acquired into SNK or shot out of a cannon or what..

Most companies that developed games for Neo-Geo were infact, SNK itself. To be more precise, they were companies that worked inside SNK and comprised of SNK employees.

heh... you're probably forgetting a lot of crappy fighting series that make world heroes look like garou:motw in comparison, but why all the hate?  is it because it doesn't take itself so seriously? 

remember, at that time, fighting games were not even close to being so combo-heavy/rushdown/kara throw, so because the fighters were goofy and tongue-in-cheek it's crap? 

the fighting engine in part 1 & 2 are completely broken but 2 had good ideas, Jet tightened things a bit but wasn't out of the woods yet and plus was almost as unbalanced as MvC2, but WHP is flush and tight, if you don't mind a fighter that relies more on strategy and zoning than all of what we've been spoiled with since... it still holds up and is responsive and reasonably thought-out.

what happened to ADK anyway, were they just acquired into SNK or shot out of a cannon or what..

I just didn't like the characters or the fight mechanics. I don't hate it! That's a really strong word. It's just a sub-par fighting game for me. Sure I'll play it just to see Rasputin do his ultimately gay moves. :P

Matrimelee is really tongue and check and goofy and I like it, so that's not why I don't like WHP.

yeah, Matrimelee = lot better than the original.. even though Matrimelee and RotD were less sequels and more like excuses to test-run ideas for the next KOFs...

How so? The graphics were totally different, the game mechanics were totally different. I mean, if you mean tag team, then that's not really test run ideas.

How so? The graphics were totally different, the game mechanics were totally different. I mean, if you mean tag team, then that's not really test run ideas.

well, I've barely played it, but I didn't mean they were *original* ideas, it just seemed that there was way too much in common w/ the more recent KOFs in the design of Matrimelee and RotD... I mean, RotD only had Billy & Jimmy in common from Double Dragon at all.. at least SF III and Garou had references or successors to classic characters (and if not the original supporting cast from the original MVS fighting game sans the crappy 16-bit Double Dragon V, then how bout the original arcade games..)

and as far as Matrimelee, yeah you have the only original fighting character design from Power Instinct, the old Japanese demon-lady (even though that's a cliche in anime convention), and you have like 3 different alternates of her.. but I mean, look at the super motions, those are trademark KOF/old Fatal Fury-old AOF... the feel is similar, and I know it has a couple things that are unique to it, but.. well, maybe I should go back and play this one seriously and learn it, but those are my impressions.

hey, anybody go back to play World Heroes Perfect, and notice how solid it is (engine, balance sorta, move lists), especially compared to its predecessors??  It's almost competitive!! 

And the characters have always had a charm... and the ideas and implementation of them were kinda groundbreaking for their time (all of em)!

a "perfect" world heroes would've had death matches, though..

umm...no...seriously man, this game sucked all the way :D:huhwhy::bonk::Dthrowup3

Edited by Weirdanzeige

the characters looked really stupid, the controls have crappy responsiveness, bad graphics, bad sound quality, etc.

I memmer playing it and saying..."wtf is this, why the hell did they make 4 games for its the same crap?!"