TOTAL NOOB QUESTIONS

Hi,

I'm new to the emulation scene (not the video game scene however).

Having just purchased a Dreamcast, how do I go about turning it into an emulation console (esepcially for NES and Master System, and to a lesser extent, Megadrive and SNES)?

I need all the basic help to get started. Do I need a mod-chip, etc.?

What exactly is required in terms of hardware/software.

Is there a tutorial for getting started?

I know about ROMS etc., having played them at other peoples' houses, but when it comes to doing it myself, I really have no idea what's required.

Any help would be much appreciated because I purchased the DC for old-school gaming (as well as the cool DC games).

Thanks.

For all your Dreamcast emulation need go here:

http://www.dcemulation.com/

Step 1

You will find that there are loads of emulators for your Dreamcast (SNES, NES, Megadrive, Master System etc), all you have to do is download the CD image i.e. Nero or Disc juggler for the emulator you want, burn the image and it will self boot on your Dreamcast, you dont need a modchip.

Step 2

Just burn a CD with all the roms for that required Emulator you want, once the emulator boots up, swap the emulator disc with your rom disc, simple as that.

To save on discs you can allways make your own self boot Emu discs with all the roms on them but since you are new you should just get used to the first two steps I gave you.

If your intrested in doing this go here, follow it carefully and you should have no problems:

http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/selfboot.shtml

This is slightly different to Emu disc but you should get the idea. :lol:

I may do a full guide at a later date.