Leaked N64 emu

mattyj25

the new Xbox N64 emu was leaked and I can get some games to work but it seems like its not picking up the MEDIA so that it would display the background and options and all that good stuff. Anyone get this to fully work? This is the directory that I changed my surreal.ini file for my roms and media F:\Emulators\p64\Media\

F:\Emulators\p64\ROMS\

There is example screenshots and it shows the background and stuff and config menu but I don't see that. Just text on a blank screen.

Don't change the ROM or media paths. It's a common mistake for people to think they need to change the "D" to "F". "D" is the directory from which the default.xbe was launched. So change the paths back to "D:\Roms\" and "D:\Media\" and it will work.

Also, make sure you update to the official release when it gets released in a few days. The leaked version is using an older version of the 1964 engine than the official release will be using.

Also, did you get any of my PMs about Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder over on the Xbox-Scene forums?

Edited by Thraxen

Alright, I got it fixed and I will be definitely upgrading to the final release when it comes out, I just wanted to mess around with it. As for the PMs at Xbox-Scene, I went ahead and just bought the game. Nostalgia I guess. I don't like to use things like Direct Connect for many reasons, same for bit torrent.