questions about blend,extra, and roms version!

Gosseyn

despite using the emu for a long time, i mainly just play neogeo cd games and check the movelist... time to fix this
01 - what romset does raine use ?
02 - wasnt there a way to fix roms by downlading the missing files from archive.org ?
03 - what are blend files exactly ?
04 - what is emudx exactly ? any example of games that benefit from it?

i think that's it for now! thanks in advance !

43 minutes ago, Gosseyn said:

despite using the emu for a long time, i mainly just play neogeo cd games and check the movelist... time to fix this
01 - what romset does raine use ?
02 - wasnt there a way to fix roms by downlading the missing files from archive.org ?
03 - what are blend files exactly ?
04 - what is emudx exactly ? any example of games that benefit from it?

i think that's it for now! thanks in advance !

1 Raine's romset ? That's how it's called on internet archive... yeah by the way it downloads most of its roms from there now, so the question doesn't really matter...

Except that it's mostly compatible with mame, but mame compatibility is not top priority here.

2 done automatically, if you find a rom which is not downloaded automatically, post !

3 users who tried to select some sprites where they apply transparency effects. It's not always a super choice, but it's worth testing. The option can be easily enabled/disabled so it's not a problem. I don't remember a game where I can't play without this option, but it was easy to add so I did it, mostly out of curiosity.

4 emudx was an emulator from Mike Green, the idea was to apply some more recent graphics and sounds to some very old games, but it was to disappear after a few years, so I proposed to merge some of the emudx changes in raine, he accepted, and that's the result. You can see that in dkong, pacman clones, miss pacman, frogger. In my opinion the best result for the graphics is probably dkong (and I missed some alpha blending effects which could not be reproduced easily), and the most impressive sounds / musics are for frogger !

1 and 2 : i effectively had some roms that had some files missing and it didnt work, i tested with a mame2003+ set!
3 : ah i see now, kinda like Kronos with shadows, but case by case by users! i usually dont care about this if there is a crt shader !
4: neat! this i will 100% check, reminds me of mesen HD packs !
thank you :D