Issues with screen resolution configuration

Blue blood

Hi, everyone!

This is my first time with Raine and I'm trying to configure NEO GEO CD in native resolution. According to some sources, it's 320x224. But no matter what, I always get 320x240.

I'm trying with configuration below:

[neocd:romversion]
Version = 2

[kof96ngc:display]
frame_skip = 0
screen_x = 320
stretch = 0
screen_y = 224
scanlines = 0
fps = 59.1856

[kof96ngc:romversion]
Version = 2

[neocd:display]
frame_skip = 0
screen_x = 320
stretch = 0
screen_y = 224
scanlines = 0
fps = 59.1856

(emulator generated this file automatically the first time I ran the game)

What I'm doing wrong? If I try, for example 320x320, the game takes it! It's weird.

Well, I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot!

kof96ngc_000.png

This version of raine (after 0.50) is not designed for these low resolutions, it's designed to lcd screens which don't like this kind of video mode change. It has a minimum allowed resolution of 640x480 for the gui, and 320x240 for the game bitmap, if you go below that it will change all the time, so either use 640x480 minimum, or switch to the dos version which still uses the old blits, but since it's dos you'll miss quite a few things too, no cd music there, no opengl, and the gui is totally different, lacking most of the options we have now. But the dos version has all the vesa modes available and can work in 320x200, it was another era...

you hit a coded limitation in resize() in sd/display.c, maybe I should have allowed 320x200 here, but you are the first one to actually hit it, and it's there since before I started using git, so more than 10 years already ! With a mode that low, it will change all the time to 640x480 to be able to display the gui, which makes it almost unusable in fullscreen. Oh well, I'll probably try to put 320x200 for an eventual next build, but I won't make a new build just for that...