MESSUI and GLSL/HLSL shaders options

rcoltrane

Since MESSUI is now including both MAME and MESS into the same tree, It would be nice to have those MAME shader options available, so we could set them up through the user interface.

I think I have asked for these options before, but at the time MAMEUI and MESSUI were separate projects and both frontends had major issues to fix before new implementations. I hope those major issues are gone.

Are these options too complicated to implement into the new MESSUI options tree?

Good to see you here. :)

The bug issues are gone, but I'd like to try adding slot options to MESSUI, if I can figure it out.

One thing to remember is that MESSUI is my personal built which I make available to the public. I personally have zero interest in shaders and all that stuff, I turn off all filters and use razor-sharp pixels. If I was to add shader support it would be at the bottom of the priority list. In other words, it might happen, but don't hold your breath.

Now I understand the reason for not having those shader options. Don't worry, I'm not going to bother you with this anymore.

Another thing I noticed is that it won't load larger png files to display them on the picture area. Is there a memory limitation regarding this feature in MESSUI? It seems that anything larger than 4mb won't be displayed, but I could be wrong.

I don't know of a png size limit, but then again i've never closely examined the code. I do know that 32-bit png's cannot be displayed, you must use 8,16 or 24 bits. That might be your problem.

Back to shaders, it looks like opengl only has a few switch settings and no sliders? is that correct?

HLSL on the other hand has heaps of sliders, and I see no value in having them in the front-end where you can't see what the sliders are doing.

If you can tell me more, and it sounds simple, I might be more interested in adding switches sooner.