share a gaming story any story you got

gamez fan

back in the day when we actually spent money on this kids had youth projects which gave them something to do kept them off the streets and out of trouble. back in the mid eighties we had the youth summer play for 2 weeks in the school summer holidays

it was a chance for inner city kids like me to get to go places i would never get to normally they had trips all over scotland but i prefered the trip to ayr because you went to the magnum centre in the morning which was a huge leisure centre idd never seen anything like it swimming pools with chutes cinemas sports fields all under one roof

but the afternoon was my favorite cos we got to go to the ayr arcade it was huge had all the top games and if you survived the many neds that hung about it was gaming heaven. well it was on one off these trips i made a record score on paperboy you know game off your life and all that got every delivery finished every training park on hard way racked up a huge score and put my name on the high score board i think it was 198 thousand cant mind for sure

the summer play ran for years and you could go till you were 15 so on the many trips i went back there i noticed my high score still stood

so i grew up forgot all about it as more important adult things take over you know women jobs money drinking in that order

well anyway about 10 years ago me and the boys go a day trip to the seaside to largs the place sucks but the pubs are good

well i notice the shows are in town shows are what we call theme parks so theres the waltzers the big wheel a rollercoaster etc but i head for the shappy arcade

hardly in the door it costs me 50p as as five young apprentice neds tap me yeh got 2 boab there big chap so tax paid im in and its mostly fruities

but in the corner theres some old arcade machines and wouldnt you guess one of them is paperboy

so drop in my 10p give it a whirl and you widnae believe it the high scores got my name on it its the same fucking machine from the ayr arcade that scores been there for maybe 15 years what was the odds of that finding the same machine and my highscores still there must be near 1 in a million maybe ill head back one day and see if my score still stands

you got any gaming stories you wanna share???