QUICK HELP

Well yea I got the codes for mame cheat... in fact the link I put at the top has these codes. My mame 135 for mac doesnt run cheats. Thanks... but someone needs to put the codes in for me on theyre mame.

Thanks though.

you might be surprised to know that most people hanging around here haven't booted up an emulator since before the patriot act.

Mame OS X

Mac mame...

Edit: couldnt get the cheat files to work on that either. Kept saying unzip files and place them in the mame directory. I also tried to input the cheats manually but it didnt open up when I hit said selection. Fuck this... Ill wait till someone actually helps me with this... so I can actually play something rather than waste even more time...

Heres to hoping someone fills my simple request...

On newer MAME builds the cheat specs went XML, and a single zip file (cheat.zip) contains the XML cheat file for each romset. This goes in the MAME root directory. For older MAME builds, cheat.dat goes into the MAME root directory as well. You also need to enabled cheat usage in MAME's options.

Oh yeah, if for some reason you missed this, take note:

For MAME OS X (not SDLMAME OSX!) the cheat.zip file should be in:-

${HOME}/Library/Application Support/MAME OS X

If should definitely create a separate XML file for sfex2p, and type in the cheats I gave you earlier in the same XML format as the other cheats. If this doesn't work, I'm out of advice to give.

Well I appreciate it.

I had the cheat file there, said to keep zipped but I made a duplicate that was unzipped. Cheats have been enabled on the menu since I got this version. F6 toggles cheat on/off (which doesnt work) & there is no cheat menu under tab?

The code you gave, Agozer, Which looks the same as the codes I found elsewhere, do not resemble anything in the XML files ... at least to my eyes.

Bah... I should be able to read matrix code my now!!!

What if you paste this baby that I whipped into shape in sfex2p.xml: (inside cheat.zip -- obviously need to get the cheat system working first).

<cheat desc="Unlock Secret Characters"> <comment>You need to reset the game to see any effect after you've enabled this cheat</comment>
<script state="on">
  <action>maincpu.pd@1FAF0030=0000FFFF|(maincpu.pd@1FAF0030 BAND ~0000FFFF)</action>
  <action>maincpu.pd@1FAF0034=0000FFFF|(maincpu.pd@1FAF0034 BAND ~0000FFFF)</action>
</script>
 </cheat>

I gave up on getting cheats to work on this thing... I feel like Im missing something... but I have tried everything. How are you going to have an enable cheat box... an f key that toggles cheats... but not work. I fired up a couple of other games after looking at certain cheats, but I was right, cheats are not enabling.

Thanks though.