Error trying to upgrade an xbox HDD

ace9094

I have an old v1.0 xbox with a 125GB HDD, I have 2x 200GB HDD and none will go in it, I use xbox partioner and get an error:

ERROR this Bios does not support LBA summat or other. (sorry i will get the exact error later)

I have a cab i want to put one xbox in (so i want a 500GB or bigger if possible) and im buying another from a guy on here so i can still use my xbox in bed.

Problem is if i cant get it to work with 200GB drive i dont want to waste my money getting 500GB or bigger.

thanks guys

Did a quick search maybe this is relevant? Lifted from an old topic on x-scene....

It seems that my X2 4981.06 BIOS doesnt work with XBpartitioner. What should i do to format my 400gb HDD to 32k clusters? I keep getting an LBA error. sad.gif

Joshatdot

Nov 3 2006, 03:42 AM

QUOTE(L0gik @ Nov 2 2006, 04:29 PM) *

It seems that my X2 4981.06 BIOS doesnt work with XBpartitioner. What should i do to format my 400gb HDD to 32k clusters? I keep getting an LBA error. sad.gif

X2 4981.06 is for one F drive, no G drive. so when you format it, you only need to make one big F Drive.

jimmy84

Nov 3 2006, 05:57 AM

remember partition 6 is f drive and partition 7 is g drive. .06 means f drive only .67 means partition 6+7 sop f and g. i would suggest just using the f drive since it makes life shit loads easier.

remeber open xbpartitioner click white button (eg the button to turn on the light for amster chief in halo) watch the top of the screen until it says 32k clusters press a so all available space goes on the f drive. eg should be about 350gigs then click start then y and look at the bottom of the screen where it should say 32k clusters so you know you've done it right.

also why aren't you using the xecuter 5035 bios??

L0gik

Nov 3 2006, 06:34 AM

QUOTE(Joshatdot @ Nov 2 2006, 09:49 PM) *

X2 4981.06 is for one F drive, no G drive. so when you format it, you only need to make one big F Drive.

i didnt think it was possible to have 1 big F drive. Is there any benefit to having an F + G?

Should i change my bios or just have the big F?

plz excuse the newbness

QUOTE(jimmy84 @ Nov 3 2006, 12:04 AM) *

also why aren't you using the xecuter 5035 bios??

had my modchip in my xbox for 3-4 years. used whatever was new at the time... any benefits to changing to that bios? thanks

jimmy84

Nov 3 2006, 08:19 AM

no the f+g rule was only used back in the day when they couldn't get more thatn 137 gigs out of one partitiopn so thwey used 2 for more space (i think) using one f drive is better since all the data is one one drive and you don't have to fiddle abuot with drive paths etc.. eg dvd 2 xbox you will have games on two different partitions instead of one which makes it difficult for evox etc..

so as a recap USE ONE BIG F PARTITION. that is what everyone uses.

the 5035 bios is the last and best ever xecuter bios. the main thing is that you don't have to reflash the chip to change colours boot paths etc.. i can give you a copy of my ini file and tell you where to download a config program to change it. but usually i just change the ini file out of notepad since it's very easy.

but if you have a 1mb flash rom chip with the easy ability to switch bioses(eg my xecuter 2 lite external switch) i suggest you use my bios setup.

So did you still want that xbox I have? I was going to cannabalise it for spares since a dvd drive has bust one one of my customers and isn't playing backups again.

I was thinking it might be cheaper for you to actually send me your xbox to fix up, £11.77 for royal mail first class recorded delivery to me and £11.77 back to you rather than £40 for a new one and £11.77 back. Sound good?

Might be able to keep everyone happy ;)