Hollywood Video / Movie Gallery Liquidation

For those of you in the US, you may want to check out your nearest Hollywood Video or Movie Gallery. The company is shutting down about 800 of their stores nationwide and they're liquidating most of their inventory. I picked up a few good deals at my local Hollywood Video - Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Contact for the DS and Eternal Sonata for the 360. Eternal Sonata was even being sold "new" (they are one of those places that insist on opening their new games and removing the discs. :) ).

Yeah, honestly I usually avoid buying used for that reason. I usually only buy used if the price is extremely low or it's a B-grade game that I'm not really worried about. It's amazing these stores are willing to take some of these things in considering their condition. Have you ever seen the used controllers? Half of the time there is food caked into the buttons and D-pad. :)

I hate it when you buy a new game and the server guy puts his hands on the brand new disk...

How many times has he done that? I swear they know they are doing it.

Dirty pads are gross, i would use alcohol wipes for sure, and if the food is jammed in the buttons i would pop the sucker open and kill it with fire.

I hate it when you buy a new game and the server guy puts his hands on the brand new disk...

How many times has he done that? I swear they know they are doing it.

I know what you mean. I always ask for a sealed copy if it's available, if not I usually don't buy it unless their price was a lot lower. I don't understand how they can sell something as new if the seal has been broken. I used to work at Circuit City, and we had very strict policies on what could be sold as new. If the seal was damaged in any way, we couldn't sell it as new.

Yea with Red Box (Netflix) and Blue Box (Blockbuster) along with the actual Netflix & Blockbuster, who the hell needs Hollywood Video? Blockbuster made Blue Box cause of Red, and Netflix is owning regardless. For the guys overseas, Red Box is owned by netflix. It's a Red Box the size of a soda machine that vends Movies. All you need is a credit card, and it costs $1 till 9pm the next night. These boxes are everywhere over here. Gas-station, Grocery stores. You cant miss them.

So yea, Id grab up some deals guys.