new here just saying hello

systemchris

hey all :)

just got into xbox tinkering to spend my xmas holidays, anyway it's a lot of fun :) what's the favourite and least favourite thing about the OOTB xbox, and a modded xbox :)

normal xbox: the greenness i love, but the needing a remote for dvds is rubbish

modded: xbmc and playing dvds/streaming stuff :P and my least fav is finding the appropiate 'resources' for it since most of the sites are now dead or amalgamated lol

anyway, have a great day all :D

hey all :)

just got into xbox tinkering to spend my xmas holidays, anyway it's a lot of fun :) what's the favourite and least favourite thing about the OOTB xbox, and a modded xbox :)

normal xbox: the greenness i love, but the needing a remote for dvds is rubbish

modded: xbmc and playing dvds/streaming stuff :P and my least fav is finding the appropiate 'resources' for it since most of the sites are now dead or amalgamated lol

anyway, have a great day all :D

well I like the dashboard layout on the ootb xbox, but the best thing about a modded xbox is that the sky is the limit (under a 64mb RAM "universe") microsoft unwittingly created a boon for the hacker and look what has been achieved! it really is amazing. A cheap mediacentre with a ton of options!

i modded mine at first just to have all the emulators on there. so i could stop buying nes games off ebay lol. but ive found some of the homebrew games to be my favorite (like smw).

least favorite thing (s) i guess are hmmmm... that n64 and psx dont play perfect and that the program plugins, music plugins, and video plugins icons/thumbnails are all buggy or wont change at all. seems like a simple fix yet doesn't get done.