How do you know if you can trust a site?

emsley

Im tired of going to shops to get my games and getting ass rammed with silly prices.

Looking online returns better deals for instance I want uncharted 2 on PS3 but its 42 pound in the shop online its 27.99 but never heard or used the site before how can you tell they will keep to their end of the deal?

That's a tough one. The risk is a little lower for games on systems with a harder to pirate medium, but honestly there's a risk of getting a counterfeit no matter what console you're purchasing for. As far as the actual merchant is concerned, if you have an organization such as the BBB (Better Business Bureau) you can use them to check out any previous customer complaints and get a pretty good idea of their track record. A direct phone number for any online business is also a plus, you can even call them and ask a few questions about the product just to get some idea of how they conduct their customer service (or if they do at all). Also, if the price seems too good to be a true (for example, a first-party title that was published last week selling for well under 50% of it's original price) it probably is. Last but not least, I would always recommend doing any online purchases using a credit card. Most cards have far more consumer protections than a standard debit card and some even go the extra mile and add things such as return guarantees.

In my experience at least, I've also had pretty good luck with eBay. A lot of reputable sellers have games much cheaper than you'll find in-store and most of them are still factory sealed. You have to be particularly cautious of bootlegs on eBay, but usually if a seller is putting them out they will have a trail of negative feedback.