Half the internet works for me

Lucandrake

Here's the deal, half the internet works, the other half is retarded or completely dead.

I don't know what sparked it, but ever since yesterday I've been having connection issues with programs, websites, and anything that requires the internet. Sometimes everything works fine, and other times (like right now) I can't connect to the AIM service, this website only loads if I hit refresh twice, and a bunch of things are lagging (specifcicly, videos on youtube would load in the first few seconds of view, now I actually have to pause the thing, not to mention I just finished downloading a bunch of other programs, all at the record pace of either 10 K/B a sec or so quick it zooms past).

This is starting to frustrate me, any ideas on what I should do?

I have speculation that I hit Comcast's 250 GB limit, but that's just speculation, thinking back at all my recent downloads, I haven't even hit 100 GB between D/L's and U/L's. Unless FFXI takes up bandwidth like a whore.

My first question would be, do you have any firewall software running? If so, try to disable it and see if the issue persists. Do you have another computer connected to your network that you can try? If so, this will at least let you narrow it down to an issue with the computer itself or an issue with your network/ISP.

No firewalls (I despise them). I had another computer hooked up to the network, but now I'm on direct connection for the rest of the night for the sake of my temper.

I just called my ISP, they told me everything was good on their side, and that most of the things occuring might be from several different issues. Anyways, I still can't connect to AIM, but mostly everything else is hooking up (still installing FFXI so I can't test till I do).

I didn't test it on the laptop, I assume so much with that thing because it's my sisters.

Come to think about it, she likes myspace ads like a fat kid likes cake. Think there could be something on her laptop screwing with the network?