Time to upgrade Internet / Router ?

Krosigrim

HOWEVER...As nice as this setup was and as well as it worked, it will never come close to a good wired home network. Especially with gigabit LAN that we have now. It really isn't as hard as it sounds and if you have the time and you are allowed to (Ask you parents/landlord!) hardwiring your house is the best option.

I've considered this, but this is my first house and I fully intend to sell when (before) my 5 year term comes up (June 2013), I don't really think I should bother with the hassle, when I'm going to sell within a 3.5 year timeframe anyway. Could be considered a selling point I suppose...still haven't ruled it out entirely.

Thanks alot for the info...

I decided to go with a direct connection, but I cant run a wire to my room, and I dont want to bother with the ISP coming out and wiring up my room, I bought a powerline adaptor. I forgot all about these things. Im sorry, the principle behind this, is magic... Im still astounded by our science.

Well now that the connection to the router is perfect... I still have the other issues to contend with.

What I was referring to with 20 vs 20... was with the possible bottle necking with cable... and the question if fiberoptics ever really has this issue, right now at least. Prime time traffic and all... But regardless, I cannot talk them into switching, so the only other option is upgrade... which I take wont really help.

And then theres still the matter of this router. I got the powerline adaptor cause there is major interference between my room and the computer area. a few walls one of which has big ass electrical plugs for washer and drier. But anyway, I wonder if Ill get better performance from another router, or if it will be comparable. I still cant get a match going for Tekken but thats normal anywhere you go, but at least my friends actually played online!!! I don't think I'll ever be able to get what I want... no lag ever... hah