Banned Xbox 360s all over ebay

Shibathedog

I finally got around to testing Tversity with a banned console and it works fine. so media streaming and Divx support is no problem.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people keep saying that a PS3 is more economical compared to a modded 360? This makes no sense, Can you play copied games on the PS3 now? Apparently you can't get banned for it if you can? It seems like sony could ban you if they want to if this is the case and I wouldn't count on staying safe for too long.

Why do people keep saying that a PS3 is more economical compared to a modded 360? This makes no sense, Can you play copied games on the PS3 now? Apparently you can't get banned for it if you can? It seems like sony could ban you if they want to if this is the case and I wouldn't count on staying safe for too long.

This is how I count (forgive me if I use my currency)

This is what I purchased in the past:

1 modded X360 Elite - RM2200

About 1 yrs of XBOX Live (i am buying a 3-months package) - RM 360

12 original X360 games - RM 150 average per game - RM 1800

1 modded X360 Jasper Pro after my X360 Elite RROD beyond repair - RM 1400

1 Madcatz TE for X360 - RM790 (which KOed on me in one month)

DLCs (3 DLCs for Fallout 3, Oblivion DLCs, SFIV DLCs, SCIV DLCs, KOF98UM, MOTW, FFS) - I put it at RM600

Numerous pirated games at RM10 a piece (i have about 200 i think, of which about 5 - 6 i played regularly) - RM2000

Total X360 gaming cost to me in less than 2 yrs: RM 9150

For PS3:

1 PS3 Slim - RM1180

Online - free

DLC - Tekken 5 DR onllne - RM80

Games - numbering at 10 at the moment - RM1350 (some I buy used)

Going to get an HRAP SA tomorrow - RM650

Total PS3 gaming cost to me so far: RM 3260

So far, i have been very careful with the games i bought. I will really research it out and see which one is more suitable, which one I will play for a long time. So far so good, only traded off some games that i can't get into like Killzone 2 and LBP.

The saving will come from buying less games and free online.

P/S: After all my calculations, i found that i spend a lot on gaming :)

3 years of modded 360 goodness has cost me

350 for the console, modded my self.

100 for 2 years of live.

about 80 bucks a year on discs.

thats it.

just over 500 bucks to play just about every game that's come out in the last 4 years.

extra controllers, wifi dongles, remotes, headsets, blah blah are secondary, I don't count that as cost of owning a console. hell, Live is pretty secondary IMO. 2 years of live and I prolly only played about 40 hours of multiplayer games. It's just not appealing to me.