What the hell happened to Filefront?

My signature image was hosted at Filefront, and it disappeared yesterday, so I thought Filefront had gone down for maintenance again, but when I went to Filefront the site was up and it's gone from what it was, to a comparative pile of turd. And, the entire image hosting section has gone. All my uploaded files are still there under my account, but the pictures are all gone. This is bullshit. Now I need to host my images somewhere else so I can have a signature again. Which means I'll have to go round all the forums I'm a member of and update the signature url. Balls. For the future, what site do people reccomend for free file and image hosting?

Yeah no warning at all. The reason I went with Filefront in the first place was coz you got unlimited file uploads for free, and it would take files of up to a gig in size, although now it seems to be 600mb. The picture hosting section was just a nice little extra, but one that I came to rely on, if only for signatures and the odd post on forums. For now I'm gonna use my old imageshack account, which I haven't touched in years.

That sucks. I don't get what happened with Filefront. The site's still there, but it's like really basic looking now, and full of ads. It's as if the whole thing was nuked and they've quickly built a temporary site.