HELP!

Salorskin

I think my computer has an STD.

Two days ago, I was on myspace and my computer randomly restarted itself and took me to the startup screen which is when I noticed an update icon. I didn't really think much of it at the time and had never chosen to update anything before, so I went ahead and shut off my computer in order to update.

The next night, I turned my computer on and did my regular "close instant messenger programs and logout of Ares" chores, and this popped up --

flockagainagainky3.jpg

I wasn't sure what it was all about, and I wasn't interested in downloading any protection since it seemed fishy, so I clicked to enable protection. Nothing happened for a while, and I had opened AVG to run a scan, and instead of taking me to my Google home page it brought me here --

flockia3.th.jpg

Now, whenever I open firefox, that's the page it takes me to.

As for my scan, these were the results --

flockagainqg8.th.jpg

though during the scan (which I forgot to screen shot) there were six programs listed on the virus section. It never gave me an option to quarantine these six programs, and I'm thinking they're the root of my problem.

Besides AVG, my father had recommended downloading SpyBot Search & Destroy, which he actually downloaded himself. I ran the scan, immunized files, and I'm still having the problem.

I'm obviously very ignorant about virus protection, spyware, and adware; and as I had mentioned, I need help. Please? Yes? Thank you.

PS: I checked the site it takes me to on the protection popup and it links to a purchase and download of Perfect Defender. I've looked into it and it's basically no bueno for my computer and sites instruct to download SpyHunter. Thoughts?