PSP Concept prototype

hairytash

Heres the shots

psp_render1-l.jpg

psp_render2-l.jpg

psp_render3-l.jpg

After mucho speculation, Sony have revealed the first concept unit for the PSP, the only credible challenger to the GBA SP on the horizon. Even though the images are still just renders and feature evidence of some none too subtle screenshot editing in PhotoShop, this is probably what you'll have in your sweaty little paws come release day.

The screen is huge and in widescreen format, while the buttons appear to be touch-sensitive, not standard 'clickers.' While there's no sign of the much-vaunted analogue stick, the are rumours which suggest that it does pop up from its flush position on the left. However, one concern is the position of the reset button, which is located in an area where it could be accidentally pressed in the heat of gaming. Bear in mind this is only concept artwork.

While Ken Kutarugi made it clear that this isn't the final design, early renders of the PS2 didn't vary too much from the final product, so Sony probably wouldn't be showing it if they weren't at least 90% sure.

The button's look very uncomfortable. Maybe it's just me, but it looks too much like the GameGear with like a plastic roof over it. Ehh.. I don't like it at all. I hope they get some more opinions before they put this in the machines to make. :D