Question about disk images

Hi all, I'm new here and have a noob question for ya.

I have Armada in bin/cue format and wanted to know if this is usable with NullDC and if so.. how?

If it's not usable, whats the best way to get it in a usable format (CDI, GDI, NRG...whatever)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I'm new here and have a noob question for ya.

I have Armada in bin/cue format and wanted to know if this is usable with NullDC and if so.. how?

If it's not usable, whats the best way to get it in a usable format (CDI, GDI, NRG...whatever)?

Thanks in advance!

NullDC can use bin/cue IIRC. If you ever need to convert between image formats then something like UltraISO covers pretty much all the bases, plus you can mount images with it too.

Thanks for the quick response!

The problem that I'm having is when I try to "Open bin/ELF" NullDC closes, and when I try to "Load bin/ELF" it accepts the file but then asks me to open a cdi or other format.

When I try to use Normal boot, it doesn't see the bin/cue at all.

Edited by Ensof

I could have sworn they worked, they must not after all. You will need to make the image into a .cdi, in which case you need DiscJuggler to convert it. Then you need to use the Utopia bootdisk to boot the game.

Alternatively you can try to make the bin into a self-booting .cdi using bin2boot. It's been so long since I done it I've forgotten. Just google for 'self-boot bin2boot' or similar. Thankfully most downloadable .cdi images are already self-booting, saving any hassle.

nullDC only reads CDI, GDI, NRG, MDS formats. It doesn't support BIN/CUE because no Dreamcast game contains only a single session, and BIN format only supports single session images.

If you find this constricting, use a virtual drive, mount your image and tell nullDC to boot from that virtual drive.