game REFUSE to run

i dont know why they dont have a "general" emulator forum. anyway, ive tried every DS emulator on the internet. they either crash when executing a game, or they pretend to run, despite just displaying a perpetual black screen. apparently there are plenty of ds roms out there, but several sites say that only a handfull of those games will actually run. whats the point if this is true? doesnt anyone else have this problem?

There are no good emulators for the DS at the moment. They all have saving problems, crashes and other issues.

The best is no$gba.

The real reason why there are so many DS roms on the net is because they run perfectly in physical DS Flash Cards like the M3DS and R4DS series.

Also we do have a General Handheld Emulation section. I've moved it there for you.

No$Gba is very compatible with game, although speed and be an issue at times, and it's by no means perfect.

IIRC, the next after No$Gba is iDeaS.

i dont know why they dont have a "general" emulator forum. anyway, ive tried every DS emulator on the internet. they either crash when executing a game, or they pretend to run, despite just displaying a perpetual black screen. apparently there are plenty of ds roms out there, but several sites say that only a handfull of those games will actually run. whats the point if this is true? doesnt anyone else have this problem?

What do you mean what's the poing??? Sorry if I sound rude but they way you express yourself makes me think of you as narrow minded. How do you think people work on emus if they didn't have data for testing? Just because there is no finished product it doesn't mean there isn't people working on it. Eventually they will get things to work. Emulator authors need support not people nagging all the time. And no... not all of us have the same problem, we report what we test and help the developers reporting data. No one pays them for their work, all we can do is be patient and helpful.

If you give us more data on your trouble maybe we can help you with that.

Edited by Tynvar