The Guru's Rom Dump News Update!

Alpha

"Known as the 'Guru'. He backs up arcade PCBs, purely for archival purposes. That's all. His site is a virtual log of his progress. Read the FAQ!"

A B-I-G haul arrived a few days ago. There's so much stuff I can't get it all in one pic!

arrivals10620083bn4.th.jpgarrivals10620083ub9hi5.th.jpg

Top right we have California Chase (a PC-based Outrun ripoff by 'The Game Room') and a Ferrari F355 NAOMI cart, thanks to M.F.

The PCBs at the bottom are.....

3X3 puzzle 1998 Ace enterprise and normal version (6 extra EPROMs)

Battle Toads 1994 Rare

Fire Shark 1990 (Doo Yong license) hard version and normal version (2 extra EPROMs)

Heavy Barrel 1989 bootleg joystick version

Sauro 1987 Philko licensed

Stadium Hero 1988 bootleg

Superman 1988 Taito

Thunder Zone 1991 Data East 4p version

Thanks to gplee

The remainder of the stuff up top are old console related items.....

Toshiba Visicom console and joystick (a Japanese clone of the RCA Studio II)

6 Epoch Cassette Vision carts... Baseball, Monster Mansion, Battle Vader, Yosaku, Monster Block & Galaxian

1 Epoch Super Cassette Vision cart... Wheelie Racer

Another PasoGo console with 3 carts (we now have 6 total!)

The small red thing on the right is a Pocket Dream Console. This is a new-ish dedicated portable (about half the size of a Gameboy!) with what looks like dozens of games built-in

Thanks to Ranger Lennier

If you've been paying attention you will notice there are at least a couple of PCBs with wanted-to-decap chips on them....

Speaking of decapping, I've just about got it all together, sort-of. I've just completed a BIG _preliminary_ update with everything that I've sorted out so far.... at least until I find more things to add to the list! There's so much stuff here that I keep finding things to decap(!?!). There's some minor work involved removing the chips and some serious work involved keeping track of everything and updating the decapping page (plus, remember I work full-time....) so there's still a few weeks/months before it will all go out. I'm also planning to add pics of every chip. In the meantime probably more stuff will arrive! There's at least a couple more wanted chips coming from Japan in the next big box that will arrive in 3-4 weeks and some other devs are going to send out some more chips soon. You might notice a lot of chips that are unknown and may or may not be important. I've decided to just grab everything that _could_ be useful for emulation purposes and send it out and see what happens. There's no guarantees that any of it will be successful, but we must try. Will collecting the decapping chips ever end? :rolleyes:

Check out the update here.

»» Homepage