Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tiger1020x

firmware 3.95 downgrade

Sorry if this has already been asked..have my hands on a psp, however it has the latest firmware..any way to downgrade safely via a usb connection?

Yep. You need to use a Pandora battery.

Go look that up and if you have any questions Ill be able to help you out. The readme in the thing you download is real easy to follow though.

Yep. You need to use a Pandora battery.

Go look that up and if you have any questions Ill be able to help you out. The readme in the thing you download is real easy to follow though.

I have a fat model btw..but also is there any other firmware i can safely install without that?

Without using the Pandora battery? No. 3.95 is the second newest version and there are no known software exploits for it to let you hack / downgrade it.

You need to battery, or to wait a really long time if / when a suitable exploit is found.

more like wait forever since with Pandora there is no need to look for one.

Pretty much. I'm curious about you got your hands on a 3.95 PSP when 3.96 was only released a matter of days ago.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies :clapping: To answer your question the psp is my gf's daughters and i'm not sure who updated it..My next question is will any emulator or os run w/o custom firmware or is there anything else unique or educational to do with it besides the usual?

Edited by tiger1020x

Nothing will run without Custom Firmware. Unless you manage to downgrade and install one you'll be limited to playing games and movies as Sony intended.

HELP ME!!!

I have 3.95 firmware...

Tryed using everything I could get my Newbie hands on...

I was able to make a magic memory card...

But when i try to run the Pandora battery installer...

It wouldn't run and said the "unable to start game (8002014C)" error....

I'm stuck...

HELP!!!! :-P:D:thumbsup1:

If you could send step by step instructions from 0-hour to Completion to my email... I would love it!!!

Panser1993@hotmail.com

Edited by wekillu