So this just hit me

While I enjoyed the button mashing that ensued with the Deadly Rave, it's still not fair to anyone to spend 2 or 3 power stocks for a very powerful super only to have it fail because they couldn't button mash properly. The change is welcome.

Making something that's hard to do with a great pay off into something that's easy to do and still has a great pay off has removed a few things that made Deadly Rave so great. It's flexibility as a combo starter and it's damage. Making it an auto combo, combined with ease of doing it, high damage and decent start up can lead to very disasterious things. As such, it is no longer a high risk super/high reward super to use, just an No Risk/High Reward super. Similarly to Chun-Li's Hyoukousen. No risk/High Reward.

Not really. It's just put in line with every other super it's level. Still costs stocks, so you risk loosing your stocks if you miss or your opponent blocks. Standard super move risk. Back then it was just "you hafta button mash-a or else you lose-a the stocks-a!" And I'm pretty sure there's a lot of other combo starters for Geese that don't cost you two stocks to do as well...