SSF2THDR Beta News

What I find gay is this "tested by some the world's top-ranked professional Street Fighter players"... It's probably going to be so damn repetitive with all that trashy spam/pattern gameplay in... This will fail so badly...

Sirlin is making charcaters that didn't have any chance at all at having some chance against the more better character. So if you don't think speeding up totem is good, then go die. All of the world's top players don't use one character exclusively. It's ST baby. All bout match ups. Wanna beat `Gief hands down? Use Chun. Want to beat Ryu? Use Ken. Wanna beat Ken? Use Sagat. Wanna beat Sagat? Well, that's a problem since he's the 2nd best character in the game, even Sim has trouble with him.

The list goes on and on. Most notoriously, everyone who doesn't have a fireball, has trouble against those with fireballs. Their giving everyone buffs, and minimum nerfs. Especially those who need it.

KOF98UM is addressing issues that were in the original KOF98 and their making it better with much better balance. So everyone isn't having teams with Daimon/O.Guy who grapples.

YOGA SNIPER!

Why does that seem like such a bad design then? I'm forced to abandon my favorite character just to beat another one... Fail, fail, fail, fail... It's gonna not fail when tiers get removed and all characters, no matter the gameplay and moveslist have equal chances at beating each other.

Gee thanks boss. Gamespot is a source, other blogs quote it. No need to be snooty about it.

Also this is news. Your thread was not. If you think the correct thing to have done was post beta news in a thread that was basically 'what do you think about this game,' as though it hadn't been discussed to death here before, you're sorely mistaken.

Why does that seem like such a bad design then? I'm forced to abandon my favorite character just to beat another one... Fail, fail, fail, fail... It's gonna not fail when tiers get removed and all characters, no matter the gameplay and moveslist have equal chances at beating each other.

It's not a bad design. It's what happens over time. See, back in `94, not everyone knew Sim was the best character to use. There was about 15 people at the time who were considered experts with Sim. There wasn't a definate list of who could beat who back then. Only now, nearly a decade later we have a definitive list of whose the best against who. There were times when everyone thought Zangief was the best because of his grapples. Another time with Honda for his incredibly stupid and effective wake up game.

ST match ups isn't something that happened over the last few years ya know, it's had 12 years of tried, tested and confirmed gameplay.

Tiers exist because their ranked by character efficentcy of who can beat who plus how many tournaments has that character won in particular. All fighting games have this. It's not something the developers make, it's the players. Tiers are player influenced and what leads SNK, Capcom and whoever still makes fighting games to fix and make balance. I remember when everyone thought Hibiki in CVS2 was Top tier because she was fast and had the best recovery after falling, wrong. After the discovery of Roll Canceling (bug), it lead to many more characters getting better because of it. Even without RC, Hibiki is high level 3 tier at best with N groove and 2nd tier with A.

SNK is bringing back KOF98, there were bugs and broken gameplay in the original and guess what, SNK is fixing it and rebalancing it for a new release this year for both Arcades and consoles.

Tiering is never set in stone when a game comes out. It takes time for a definitive list for it to appear.

Come back when you have actual and proper gameplay analysis. You know NOTHING on this topic of rebalancing gameplay.