Sony/ATV Music Signs QTRAX Digital License Contract

Jitway

"We enthusiastically support QTRAX as an innovative method for reclaiming rights and revenues from music misappropriated by worldwide P2P networks, while at the same time providing users with a superior legal and free net- based music experience," said Martin Bandier, Chairman and CEO, Sony/ATV Music Publishing. "This agreement expands upon our original agreement with QTRAX and represents another example of Sony/ATV's commitment to securing our songwriters' rights in the digital space."

QTRAX (www.QTRAX.com) is the world's first legal and free peer-to-peer (P2P) music service. QTRAX showcases an innovative ad-supported delivery model that easily directs revenue back to artists and rights holders. QTRAX is available for browsing now and soon will provide fans with access to a colorful and diverse catalog with millions of high-quality digital music files representing the broadest artist-based fan-directed array of products available anywhere. Based in New York City, QTRAX is a subsidiary of Brilliant Technologies Corporation BLLN, a publicly traded technology holding company.

Will I am not a big fan of Sony Corporation I do think this is a step in the right direction upon their part. Anyway for users to hear and share new music is a good thing. I have used QTRAX in the past and will most likely use them in the future.

Full Story HERE