What a night!

Jitway

Ok let's start off by saying I have been having problems with my teeth and just got 2 pulled about 2 weeks ago. They were infected so had to take a bunch of meds to before I could even have them removed. What even sucks more is I need 2 more pulled as well and they are being pulled in about another 2 weeks. So I have been in a lot of pain lately, taking painkillers helps a lot.

Now as I said I sometimes fill in for local bands here. Well there was a big show last night at a place called The Emerson Theater. It is a place that a lot of up and coming local as well as other big names play. So I get a call for a band I helped get out there called Shine Somber. They are a Melodic/Hardcore genre band. The lead guitarist Kevin smashed his fingers in a car door and could not play. So I decided hell I can do it, just take a couple painkillers and no problem.

Well everything was going great. Now this place has a small stage kinda like The Vogue Night Club here does. I hate playing on small stages as I like to more around as I get into the music. So I am headbanding and all of a sudden Stain the bass player hits my ass right in the jaw with his bass. Man it hurt like a MFer. So the show must go on and they had no idea that I had just got a couple teeth pulled so not their fault. So I take another painkiller and that does not really help alot. We had about 30 more minutes to play. I decide to kick up the drinks. Now usually when I play I only drink beer. Get hard to play when drinking the hard stuff. So I started drinking Tequila straight doubles. Now this would not bother me but I guess taking the painkillers did not help. :P

Next thing I know I am stage diving with my guitar and all. Got my strings ripped and guitar broke. They had to take a break and I ended up finishing the set with one of my other guitars. I always take 3 electric and 1 acoustic axe with me, as well as 2 amps, my Rack set and a all in one pedal usually my 8080 Zoom. Sometimes I take other pedals as well but with the Rack and All In One Pedal I can get just about any sound I want.

Now back to the story...

I got so drunk cause of the jaw smack that my tooth was killing me that I don't remember leaving the place. I was told later by a friend of mine that was there that he got me home and had a friend of his drive my truck home with all my crap in it. The band packed up my stuff for me as well from what I am told. So today I did not get up till Noon and never really got going full steam till now. I just finished up making all my apologetic calls to everyone and told them finally about the teeth. They all forgave me and said come see them next show but don't bring your axes they said...laughing and joking. :blink:

The moral of this is don't drink the hard stuff and mix painkillers they make you do stupid crap.

Edited by Jitway