Games break marriage!?!?!?

Shoma

I usually play when I'm alone then when my wife gets home I try to finish to a safe area and log out. It's hard for me but I know that my wife is more important than a game. This is one of the reasons I don't play retail WoW anymore. It was too much money to pay for a game I was only going to play once in a while. But yeah my suggestion is turn the darn game off when you have family involved. It is addictive, but sometimes we have to stop it and get on with our real lives. On weekends I'll play Wii while my wife is on the computer it's in the same room so we can talk while I play and she works with her pictures and sends emails to her friends, but it's only for 2 hours at the most. She doesn't mind the Wii or other games, but she sort of hates WoW because of what she has heard it does to people. If I didn't limit myself with games, I'm sure it would hurt my marriage very much. So I give time to everything :)

There's just too much content on Outland, if you add that most of it you need a good team to get anywhere, imagine the time you need. Also getting that "special" item may take hours. Now do everything with different classes, alliance and horde. You could play for years.

I'm not too much for team play so for me playing alone on my pc as a serv... ehem never mind, well let's just say that I have control over the game and I can solo instances.

Edited by Tynvar

There's just too much content on Outland, if you add that most of it you need a good team to get anywhere, imagine the time you need. Also getting that "special" item may take hours. Now do everything with different classes, alliance and horde. You could play for years.

I'm not too much for team play so for me playing alone on my pc as a serv... ehem never mind, well let's just say that I have control over the game and I can solo instances.

He means private servers which are = phail. Defeating the purpose of a MMORPG, heh.

My WoW experience was mediocre to very frustrating for the almost 3 years I played. I played as a Paladin, a completely aimless, badly designed, piss poor class up until 2 months ago. Stuck it out for 3 years, got shaft after shaft then I simply quit because there's only so much crap someone can take before being fed up. Very few moments were actually enjoyable. I've quit for almost 3 months now, never felt better. And I was way too casual for the amount of money I spent on it, just like Tynvar.

On the flip side, I've made many friends, people I still keep in contact with. Even tho I quit the game I am still a member of my old guild, because it's greater than WoW. People still ask me about playing my class, because I am still relatively knowledgeable in it, and I'm glad to dispense advice.

Regarding the marriage thing, that's not even close to bad. I've heard a story about a family who left their 2 baby children to starve, bills unpaid, derelict house just to play WoW. They only ever got out of the house to buy cigs. How fvcking irresponsible is that?

Given the chance to recuperate my 3 years though, I'd not really take it, because of the people I met. However I would probably play a different class, even though I still adhere to Paladin principles and it's part of me now.