Textures

Krosigrim

Well I'm looking for Textures. Right now I'm searching through Google for Tree bark textures, but the ones that are free, are not all that big. I guess I can use them, but I don't want any issues when I tile them on said tree. I found a few leaf textures, and masks, but I also downloaded a few pics of leafs as well. I guess I can take the pics of trees, and make my own textures, but that will take alot of time to tweak them so they tile. And on top of that, my trees aren't going to be too simple, so I gotta figure out how I'm going to align various textures to begin with.

Also, I wanted to get 360 degree panoramic shots of amazing landscapes, but the ones I found, only go so high. Ill be segmenting the panoramic pic, into 4, so I can make a fake backdrop, (skybox) but for the ceiling, I'm going to have to photoshop the hell out of it. And that will pose a problem, as I will work from blank, and try to fill in the sky, with existing colors of course. But I gotta make it all sync up, but the main problem, is making it look perfect. Well I have a few ideas, Ill try masking, and make a totally new sky that will go past the masked walls, so that you can see this secondary sky through the invisible area.

So basically, I have been searching for great textures, and awesome photos... to create textures. I plan on going all out regarding UT map making. But then another possible problem comes up, the original textures for UT have high res counterparts, so if I create these new textures, will they be high res enough... or will my textures look like crap, while the other textures in the map look great... Hope it all goes well.

So anyway, If anyone knows where I can find great textures, let me know. But I don't know how long my internet will stay on, as it should have been cut on Saturday. Good thing it isn't on my name... hahaha So anyway, I hope I can get some awesome textures, before it's too late.

• 4 weeks later...