Armored Core 4A Trailer Released

BlackKnight

I know there is a small contingent of AC fans here. This is the first trailer for the pseudo-expansion to AC4, Armored Core 4 for Answer, which will arrive on store shelves in Japan on March 19th. It will be released for the 360 and PS3.

Armored Core is mech sim more geared towards arcade-y gameplay than tactical realism. However it offers an enormous breadth of customisation options, both mechanical and aesthetic, resulting in an obscenely steep learning curve. Fans will be pleased to know that along with the new 'battle fortress' mega-bosses, AC4A packs a bunch of new online modes in addition to those found in AC4. The franchise is an acquired taste but successes in it are very rewarding. Just as an aside, I personally own more Armored Core games (all 10 released in the PAL format) than games in any other single series or franchise. So apart from dolls, this is my secret passion.

Awesome.... But I'm sure it'll be just like all the other Armored Core "upgrade" sequels... but I don't care... although I don't have all 10 games... I have 4 games. Including Nine Breaker, which really is just an arena and extensive training game.. it will really tighten up your game....

I liked AC4, although I didn't play much at all of it... I don't have a 360 or PS3, but I liked how they redid the boost system... as you don't run out of juice like you used to... but of course, it changes the gameplay, from more sim... to super ultra fast paced mech combat... which is fine by me, something had to change!!! heh.

Yea the level of customization is amazing in AC games, that is one of the things that make it stand out to me. They have like over 700 parts at current count... I remember a time, when I had like 6 save files, with various mech loadouts, missile whores/ light mechs/ heavy tanks....

Well I wish I had a 360, Black Night, Id love to test our abilities... although, I'm not like I used to be.