Virtua fighter 5 Online

Fatal Rose

Actually. VF5 is less newbie friendly compared to DOA4. Don't give me any sort of BS that VF5 is more newbie friendly then DOA4.

Guess I have to get used to it, been playing VF for the past ten years or so.

To me at least it is way harder to control then Vf or Tekken is.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put it this way, I was good at DoA2 about 5 or 6 years ago. This game however has swapped around a bunch of commands needlessly and made all the strings longer for some reason. Its only improvement is in the countering really- the rest is just a bunch of odd changes for me to wrap my head around.

Well 4 is based on Online (Which in turn is based on 2LE) since 3's engine wasn't so good. It's trying to be more "Tekken" like with the aircombos and strings, but it's 3 button control scheme (Counter wasn't a button in the original AC version, it was B+K or P I don't remember) is based on VF's.

Is DOA4 really worth getting into? I was trying to play the demo again but was not feeling it at all. The main character I use was not selectable either, but my second main was (Ryu).

It's just so hard to get a hold of, it's like I just can't grasp it. It's hard as hell to me for some reason.

Specially after playing VF5 so much, playing DOA is like taking a step down.

Well 4 is based on Online (Which in turn is based on 2LE) since 3's engine wasn't so good. It's trying to be more "Tekken" like with the aircombos and strings, but it's 3 button control scheme (Counter wasn't a button in the original AC version, it was B+K or P I don't remember) is based on VF's.

There was a Hold button. Counter was B+Hold. Throws didn't have a button- it was Hold+Punch.