Sapphire Technologies - VERY poor customer support

ken_cinder

Ok, so I bought myself a Sapphire X1650 512MB back in May, the thing died on me at the end of September.

1: Sapphire's "Warranty" page has been unavailable since forever.....

2: The local contact that I called, referred me to email them (The guy also spoke piss-poor english and afforded me ZERO help over the phone), fine whatever but.......see 3

3: I emailed them a week ago, I still haven't gotten any response.

4: I contact Sapphire directly, and tell them exactly what I told the local guy, and that I contacted them by email and have gotten nowhere.

5: I get my support ticket response telling me to email the same place I told them I emailed already!

6: I reply back telling them this, and asked if they even bothered to read my support ticket.

If I don't get an RMA, and quickly, I'll be calling the Better Business Bureau. I'm tired of the disgusting support they have, and the run-around I've been getting. I'll gladly take them to small claims court if necessary too, as my card has at minimum, a 1 year warranty.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with them, and even if they do fulfill the warranty on my card, I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another thing from them again.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd give an update on this, as I FINALLY get a response from the Canadian Rep. Waiting on an RMA number, and it's going to cost me $25-$40 to RMA my card. Disgusting support and now I have to pay for a defective card to be replaced?

I HIGHLY recommend none of you EVER buy a Sapphire product.

WTF? Don't pay money to RMA a card thats crap. If its covered under a warranty like that you shouldn't have to pay anything for any reason :/

I own a sapphire card right now and I had a feeling support would be less than fantastic seeing as their cards are so cheap, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. No wonder everyone insists on evga/xfx - fantastic support/upgrade plans. Reminds me of Linksys, I just can't put up with them and their piss poor products anymore. (Their routers have had the same chips in them for over 6 years now, custom firmware is pretty much required, because they have abandoned anything that isn't crappy DRAFT N, screw draft tech, where they are winning all these awards for customer support I have no idea because its by far the worst i've ever had to deal with, and unfortunately I get to deal with them a lot since so many people buy their crap)