Whats this end for?

Bambi

By the looks of it, only with the cable the camera came with. You give to me model number, and I give to you instruction manual, or at least enough information.

To be honest, that actually looks more like mini-USB to me than firewire.

By the looks of it, only with the cable the camera came with. You give to me model number, and I give to you instruction manual, or at least enough information.

To be honest, that actually looks more like mini-USB to me than firewire.

*eyes sparkle*

IJTF! You're sooo amazing!!!! :D

You're like the friggin go-to guy for tech stuff^^!

I have one of those things on my dvd/cd/vcr thingie, Im bout to look up "firewire" for I hav no idea wat that is...

Oh wait thats something differnt...Excuse my ignorance!

Edited by Shoma

It is indeed Firewire, but the connector doesn't look standard fare (Good luck finding a service manual or anything on Hitachi's site, the only thing I could find for your model was a listing of accessories that also apply to other models).

I'd take it to any computer store, and have them see if it takes your standard 4-pin Firewire cable, could just be the picture making it appear that way. If it does, and you don't have Firewire on your PC, you can get a PCI Firewire card very cheap on Ebay or anywhere really.

It is indeed Firewire, but the connector doesn't look standard fare (Good luck finding a service manual or anything on Hitachi's site, the only thing I could find for your model was a listing of accessories that also apply to other models).

I'd take it to any computer store, and have them see if it takes your standard 4-pin Firewire cable, could just be the picture making it appear that way.

I'll take it in on Saturday then, I've never seen a firewire in person before so I don't know what they look like