Chankast Help - MvC2

I recently downloaded Chankast & NullDC for the first time, I use ZSNES, MAME etc alot & I am also a MUGEN Creator, I mainly wanted to do some sprite ripping from MvC2.

Im using Vista Home Premium, carnt get NullDC going at all, starts then stops responding & shuts down.

On Chankast, the sound in MvC2 is choppy, but I read this is a problem with Vista, unless you have a good sound card, the game runs at normal speed, but the graphics are displayed like this:

2222.png

Just wondered if anyone could tell me why, Im working so I will have to post my PC specs later.

Thought they may be a simple reason behind this though.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards, SPAN... :lol:

Let me guess: You have an integrated graphics chip (most likely made by Intel no less). If this is true, then you can pretty much forget trying to get any Dreamcast emulator working on your computer.

There is one thing you can try though: Google for a program called 3DAnalyze and enable "Emulate hardware Transform & Lighting [T&L]" (or something very similar). I can't say if this works, but the problem you have is because integrated chips do not support, and/or fail spectacularly at hardware-based Transform & Lighting.

I came back to post my specs, spot on Agozer m8, I do have an integrated graphics chip by Intel:

Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (load of crap)

Thanx for the reply though, I downloaded 3DAnalyze & tried what you said & there does seem to be an improvement, but the graphics still arn't drawn correctly.

I have heard some people say that they got MvC2 working great using integrated graphics chip by Intel &

3DAnalyze, so if anyone knows the exact settings, please post them to help me out.

Anyway, thanx for the help & hopefully in about 2 years time when I get some money I may be able to afford a better graphic card.

Kind Regards, SPAN... :(

Thanx for the help, can someone recommend a good graphic card, that will work perfectly with

the chankast emu & especailly MvC2.

Kind Regards, SPAN... :naughty:

Any mid-range card and up will do, starting from ATI's Radeons or Nvidia GeForce 5xxx. Hell even GeForce 4's will do. Radeons tend to fare better on average, though. It doesn't really matter which card, as it only need to support hardware Transform & Lighting well. if you want to a good overal card for just emulation, go with Radeons 9xxx and up or GeForce 5xxx and up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would post an update, I just downloaded the latest nullDC v1.6 & it works perfectly with my

Intergrated graphic by Intel, I dont need to use 3da or anything else:

screenshot_0.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

This is great news!!

Kind Regards, SPAN... :)