Server FIXED.. AGAIN!!

From my Server Admin:

As you all know, 1Emulation.com was down for a bit over a day. So here's exactly what happened explained for everyone.

As you know, we had a bad hard drive, naturally we sought to get it replaced, around 2 or 3 PM pacific time yesterday, Rackshack inserted the new hard drive. I wasn't thinking fast enough and didn't say it was coming in time so the server just went down.

As soon as we got a steady ping again, A friend of mine and I went to work to prepare the movement of data from the old hard drive to the new one. He began by mounting the hard drive, at which point the server locked up. We requested a reboot and after rackshack rebooted the server it ceased to respond entirely.

We sent in a trouble ticket and they said it was a disk boot failure, meaning something in the boot instructions wasn't set properly. So they told us we needed a restore. At first they wanted us to pay for it but since it was they who had told us in a previous trouble ticket, a method of backing up our old hard drive (which we'd been following until it failed) we managed to get the restore for free. They however, stalled with the restore until around midnight pacific standard time. After the server came back up I went right to work copying over all the relevant data. I'd finished most of the work by 5 AM, at which point sleep got the best of me.

Returning to work at noon I got all the data finished copying and got most of the services working. BIND, our nameserver however, seemed to still not quite be working. About an hour ago, my friend figured out what was finally the problem and fixed the nameserver. So the domain would resolve. It seemed like it was working great, but for some reason all domains on the server were pointing to the main website hosted on our server, we fiddled around with the configuration file a bit (hence the up/downness) and finally discovered the problem. At which point it was fixed, apache restarted, and there you have it, our illustrious hard drive move is now complete. There should be zero data loss, all databases and files for this site should be totally intact.

Welcome Back Everyone! :lol:

I bet that was a pain in the ass gamecop, if it happened to me i would have a heart attack, and they wanted you to pay for mainanece, lamers!!!

I figure if youu buy space then it should be garenteed if its there fault then fair enuff they should fork out and fix it not us web masters.

[ Note i am not a web master i am a NooB] :lol: