saturn emus

what saturn emus can run games directly fom ISO?

Satourne can but for some reason the games that i've tried tend to slow to a halt (guardian heroes, die hard arcade, Nights...) and the timing of the music is off.

i tried also saturnin but it doesn't run ISOs

one emulator that seems to pop-up on these threads is SSF, but it cant read from ISOS, right? didn't understand the japanese manual.

cant burn any games to CDs cos my drive is busted.

So use a virtual drive software like Daemon Tool's instead. Install the software and mount the CD image to it. It'll work as a normal CD/DVD-ROM drive.

To answer your question: No, SSF doesn't directly loads ISOs and the rest of the Saturn emulators aren't up-to-par with SSF emulation-wise.

okay, somehow ssf didnt recognize my daemontools drive, but now it does so that problem's been taken care of.

ssf still doesnt boot the games what i mentioned before. nights first said that i had to clear memory using system manager, so i did that, but now when trying to boot it says "_drivestatus_play error(). fatal error."

with die hard and guardian heroes the emulator says that "game disc unsuitable for this system"

they all bin iso files

should i just try to download different files, hoping that they'll work or

should i use games that are in different format or whatsthedillyou?

"Game disc unsuitable for this system" usually means that you have set the wrong region for the emulated console. The region must match what the game expects.

Next, "_drive_status_play error(). Fatal error" usually means that the game has CDDA audio tracks, and the emulator/console is unable to play these tracks when the game sends the signal to start CD playback. This is due to the external CD audio tracks having not been introduced in a .CUE file or the game image wasn't mounted via the .CUE file. What this means is that Daemon Tools only mounts the CD image and not the audio tracks that go with it.