Burning PSX cd images

Lately I've been burning some psx isos in order to play them in my psx console. It was everything alright but the latest games haven't worked, and I wonder to know if it is due to the write speed selected--- I didn't mind before,, but I'd like to know if there is some recommended speed to use ... :)

I use daemon to mount those images and then I copy them with nero.

There are several factors involved, but in general the "Burn at lowest speed" rule, is bull$hit. Tests on CD-Freaks and other places, have proven that lower speeds actually increase PI/PO errors. Not to mention write speed does NOT indicate read speed, despite what some stupid as f**k n00bs might tell you.

Burn at the highest speed possible for the rated media. And use good media. If you're picking up 100 CD-Rs for $15, it's 99% assured you're getting cheap unreliable media. You get what you pay for.

Secondly, make sure your burners firmware is up to date. There are media codes added to new firmware to properly identify media, as well as numerous fixes to those media codes and command sets.

There are several factors involved, but in general the "Burn at lowest speed" rule, is bull$hit. Tests on CD-Freaks and other places, have proven that lower speeds actually increase PI/PO errors. Not to mention write speed does NOT indicate read speed, despite what some stupid as f**k n00bs might tell you.

Burn at the highest speed possible for the rated media. And use good media. If you're picking up 100 CD-Rs for $15, it's 99% assured you're getting cheap unreliable media. You get what you pay for.

Secondly, make sure your burners firmware is up to date. There are media codes added to new firmware to properly identify media, as well as numerous fixes to those media codes and command sets.

What you said seems reasonable---- but I've always thought that lower write speed was better since it takes more time to burn so they are better written... it's obviously an impression... :)

I'm using a psx console and it doesn't read some games.... I suppose it is due to cds quality as you said before. but it's strange because there are some of them which my psx console reads inmediatelly like an xmen mutant academy 2, however, I always have problems with some games like DRagon ball final bout in english... emm--- macross vfx2,,,, macross plus.. etc