nullDC crashing

Hello, I have a Toshiba Laptop

Specs:

Intel Pentium Processor: 1.86GHz

1GB RAM

Intel 915GM Video Card

I am trying to play MVC2 and it's in .cdi format. It works great with demul, but it has video defects (messed up pictures/graphics) and is very slow. Right now, I'm trying to run it in nullDC. When I run it, it waits for a good 10 seconds and then crashes (send now/don't send error).

My nullDC plugins include the following:

Graphic Plugin: nullPVR

GDRom Plugin: Image Reader by drk||Raziel and GiGaHeRz

Sound Plugin: nullAICA

When it crashes, the little MSDOS windows says Error in .\dc\mem\sb.cpp:sb_WriteMem:422 Write to System Control Regs, not implemented addr=5f78b(4,0,c,:blink:, data=0.

You can stop trying to get any Dreamcast emulator to work with that Intel chip (it's not even a video card, it's an integrated chip). Intel's chips are absolute worst out there, and are very poor for emulation. GM chips especially.

Needless to say, get yourself a desktop computer with a decent graphics card.

get yourself a desktop computer with a decent graphics card.

What graphics card would you recommend?

When I run Sonic 2, the speed goes down to about 55% in some places. Is it enough to replace the graphics card, or do I have to replace the entire computer?

(Sonic 1 runs just fine)

Ive got an AMD Athlon 3000+,

1,5GB RAM,

Sapphire AIW 9200 Series graphics card

Speed is rarely attributed to your graphics card, as it does not do much of anything else than display graphics; your CPU does most of the work. All Radeon models should be "decent enough".

That being said the faster your CPU is, the faster and smoother emulation will be. I have the same processor (AND Athlon 64 3000+) but I haven't played SO2, so I can't comment on how well it should run.

Still, I've heard people with slightly slower computers having no such slowdown issues. in nullDC, tweaking the PVR plugin might help, or not. It's tricky since nullDC is already a tad slower than Chankast because the dynamic recompiler isn't as speedy as it is in Chankast.

You must have:

Graphic Plugin: nullPVR

GDRom Plugin: Image Reader by drk||Raziel and GiGaHeRz

Sound Plugin: (the plugin for chankast)

Sorry but i forgot the sound plugin's names

Edited by Nazo

Well, I found out why it keeps crashing. NullPVR makes it crash. The chankast video plugin works find, but it's a bit slow.

My video card does suck, but I can still play games like WoW.

My video card does suck, but I can still play games like WoW.

Yes well, comparing emulation performance and PC games performance is like comparing apples and oranges.

I sort of have the same problem. I'm trying to play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on NullDC and it has the same crash problem. I can run the game fine on Chankast except for some 3D graphics problems and sound cuts. I tried Nazo's plugin configuration stuff and that didn't work. Please help! I REALLY want to play this game in full and not glitchy or watered down!