Quick way of playing games?

How do you turn a game from having to install it every time on different computers to just being able to have a folder with the game and all you would have to do is drag and drop. Quake 3 someway somehow works that way. I dont remember what happened. I especially want to do this for Unreal tournament 2004 b/c it takes a hell of a long time to install and it slow down my brothers computer when ever he installs it. If i have to install it one time inorder for me to turn it into a single folder its alright, just as long as i dont have to install it anymore.

Yeah because the key is hooked to the registry. Unlike q3 which is stored on a file inthe folder.

Yeah because the key is hooked to the registry. Unlike q3 which is stored on a file inthe folder.

So it isnt possible. And if its not for UT2004 how would you do it for anything other game thats possible.

It's called a "RIP" and it's a very messy way of doing things. For the amount of time it takes to copy the files to said other PC in the first place, just install the damn thing and avert potential issues.

the way i would do it is just copy the install folder (burn it to a DVD or something so you have it whenever you need it and its a fairly quick way of transferring it) and then copy every registry file even somehow related to UT2k4 and burn that to the DVD too under a separate folder

Then you could just copy the folder (you would probably have to put it in the same directory as the other PC, even the drive letters might have to be the same) and double click all the registry entries to add them to the other PC.

It's called a "RIP" and it's a very messy way of doing things. For the amount of time it takes to copy the files to said other PC in the first place, just install the damn thing and avert potential issues.

That's almost a working plan, but most of the time I find myself copying the game over and then installing it, so it would be faster to just copy the game.