MS Keynote run down

Wizard

Here is everything that went down at Microsoft's Press Conference (game wise). Also note that every game that was demoed will be shipping this year:

- Live demonstration of Rock Band, with Peter Moore on bass I think. Looks like a lot of fun. Peter Moore botched it up horribly but it was all in good fun.

- Viva Pinata: Party Animals announced. Obviously a take on Mario Party.

- Mass Effect trailer, looks incredible. Keith David FTW. Shipping this November.

- Naruto: Rise of a Ninja trailer. Looks really good with the second intro playing.

- Madden 2008 demo..........................yeah.

- Debut a lot of XBLA games, one of them being Marathon.

- Disney and all their studios will be delivering content to Xbox Live Video Marketplace, starting tonight.

- Project Gotham Racing 4 trailer. Looking solid as always but I'm skipping this one.

- Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Too Human, and Fable 2 arriving in 2008. Peter Jackson still working on a Halo game.

- Lost Odyssey trailer. *drooling*

- Viva Pinata and Gears of War (demoed) coming to Windows Live. GoW having new multiplayer modes and five new single player chapters.

- Unreal Engine 3 to be bundled with Windows Live.

- Call of Duty 4 trailer then demonstration. Looks amazing. Exclusive multiplayer beta on 360.

- Mentions Splinter Cell Conviction's being exclusive but quickly shows the Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer 2 again. Reconfirms exclusive downloadable content by Spring 2008.

- Talked about Japanese support: DMC4, Katamari, Eternal Sonata, Ace Combat 6, Virtua Fighter 5, then.....

- Could it be? Metal Gear Solid 4? Noooooooooo. RESIDENT EVIL 5!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got a taste of the new trailer that will debut on Xbox Live on July 26th. Takes place in Africa and it looks insane. This was the only game shown that is shipping in 2008.

- Assassin's Creed demonstration (Jade is hot). Yet another amazing looking game.

- Show ends with the new Halo 3 trailer. Looks awesome, can't wait to play it, nuff said.

Overall a disappointment on the surprise side, except Resident Evil 5. What they did accomplish was getting you pumped for this Fall. All the major third party titles were demoed at their show. The triple threat of sales were also shown: Halo 3, GTA4, and Madden. It would have been nice to see some 2008 stuff but with so much good stuff coming out this Fall, I'm not even thinking that far ahead yet. Still no MGS4 announcement, which has been heavily hinted at for sometime now. I guess the teasing will continue.

suace

Too Human, 2008? WHHHHHATAAAAATTTT?

I CAN NOT WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THIS GAAH.

Someone, shoot Silicon Knights and their lazy asses RIGHT NOW.

Yes, because opening fire on the developers will definitely speed up production.