Need help with running NullDC.

I got SA2 to work on Chankast, and there's graphical problems. Doing what a few of you guys said, I swithced to NullDC.

In the data directory, I put both the BIOS files(dc_bios and dc_boot) in. When I start NullDC, I get this error:

"Unable to find bios--exiting

C:\Program Files\nullDC\nullDC 1.0.0 Public Beta 1 Setup\data\dc_boot.bin"

I mean, it's IN the data directory. What should I do?

1. nullDC has no gamepad support. You have to use a keyboard --> joypad mapper like XPadder. Options --> Maple --> Port A --> Configure keys for Player 1.

2. Is the entire game slow or just the sound? Mess with the sound plugin settings.

The entire game isn't like, laggy, it's just SLOW. I have an NVidia GeForce 6200 Card and 760 MB's of RAM, so I doubt my PC can't run it.

Reply in PM. Please keep the conversation in this thread if at all possible.

Hm, this is pretty odd. I can run games like Half Life 2 and CS: Source perfectly. :naughty:

PC game performance and emulation performance aren't the same thing. Not by a long shot. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Still, Dreamcast emulator also need lots of work from the coders. Spped is not something the emulator authors have high on their priority lists and optimizing code has its limits and it usually requires a good amount talent.

My PC specs are more or less irrelevant since I have not played sonic Adventure 2 on either Chankast, Demul or nullDC. I don't claim to get constant 60fps in the games I do play on the emulators, but I don't get constant slowdown either.

But if you must know, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't even RUN the game. When it's loading Marvel VS. Capcom 2 (.cdi) it's loading, loading... "NullDc(blahdy blah) has encountered and error and needs to shut down. Would you like to send an error report?"

This ALWAYS happens to me! Whenever I get something GOOD, it always breaks or doesn't work! :blink: I hate my luck... :huh: