XBOX 360 Elite Trade-In @ GameStop

Alpha

I don't understand the fasicination with black electronic accessories. IMHO, if anything, they'll die faster than the ones that are white. Ever touch a white and black car on a sunny day? You'll notice the black one is scorching hot, while the white one isn't too shabby.

Maybe my knowledge of this kind of stuff is limited, but having a white console should help cooling as well, and preserve the life of the console better than black.

To be fair, both cars would flaunt dirt effectively.

True .. a little off topic .. but there is another problem with black and white handheld devices.

If you look at a black Nintendo DS Lite or Sony PSP .. you'll notice that they easily smudge and show fingerprints. But if you grab a white version of both handhelds ... any smudges or fingerprints will be very hard to notice.

I personally grew out of any console that was entirely black (seeing as most were during our childhoods.)

True .. a little off topic .. but there is another problem with black and white handheld devices.

If you look at a black Nintendo DS Lite or Sony PSP .. you'll notice that they easily smudge and show fingerprints. But if you grab a white version of both handhelds ... any smudges or fingerprints will be very hard to notice.

Really? I'd heard the opposite was true. If anything, smokers should stay away from the white PSP, because it will stain up on them right quick.

As for the car analogy, black doesn't absorb heat so much as it absorbs white light. So a black car sitting out in the sunlight all day will definitely be like an inferno to drive, but a black console indoors shouldn't be any less effective at disseminating heat than a white one. The colour doesn't trap heat generated inside as far as I know.

Anyway there's no accounting for taste, but I still stand by black being the most formal and elegant colour for anything- electronics included :naughty:

Really? I'd heard the opposite was true. If anything, smokers should stay away from the white PSP, because it will stain up on them right quick.

As for the car analogy, black doesn't absorb heat so much as it absorbs white light. So a black car sitting out in the sunlight all day will definitely be like an inferno to drive, but a black console indoors shouldn't be any less effective at disseminating heat than a white one. The colour doesn't trap heat generated inside as far as I know.

Anyway there's no accounting for taste, but I still stand by black being the most formal and elegant colour for anything- electronics included :naughty:

The only thing that is awesome in black is any PC made by Alienware. Though the white is much better in my honest opinion.